Turner to become president-elect at the conclusion of The Rental Show 2014 in Orlando
Following are the members who will join the American Rental Association (ARA) board of directors in February 2014, at the conclusion of The Rental Show in Orlando, Fla.:
- President-Elect — Terry Turner, CERP, current ARA Party & Event Services Shared Interest Group (SIG) chairman and president of All Occasions Party Rentals, Knoxville, Tenn. Turner will complete his board term as Party & Event Services SIG chairman in February 2014.
- Associate Member Director — Tony Sabo, sales and marketing manager, Graco, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Region One Director — Brendon Blood, general manager, Blood’s Catering & Party Rentals, White River Junction, Vt.
- Region Four Director — Willie Strange, co-owner, Eagle Rentals, Seguin, Texas.
- Region Five Director — Kevin Hoffman, president, A to Z RentAll & Sales, Madison, Wis.
“ARA is fortunate to have dedicated members that volunteer their time to represent the voice of members on the ARA board of directors. We thank all the candidates for their willingness to put forward their name for a board position and thank all ARA members who voted in this election,” said Christine Wehrman, ARA’s executive vice president and CEO.
Paul Phelon, current president-elect who will assume the office of president at the conclusion of The Rental Show in February 2014, has named John Bibbo Jr., CERP, to the board position of Party & Event Services SIG chairman to represent this ARA member segment for a three-year term. Bibbo is president of Event Source in Cleveland, an ARA member since 1983. He has previously served on the ARA Advertising & Marketing Committee, Events & Tents Task Force, Party & Event Services SIG and The Rental Show Task Force.
Phelon also has appointed two current ARA board members to serve on the 2014 Executive Committee. The one-year appointments will begin on Feb. 12, 2014, at the completion of The Rental Show. Appointed to serve are Paul Kenyon, Region 10 director, and Mark Gilbertson, General Tool & Equipment Services SIG chairman. Kenyon is owner and managing director of Absolute Support Services in Toronto, and has served on the ARA board of directors since February 2012. Gilbertson is president and owner of Fargo Rentall in Fargo, N.D., and has served on the ARA board of directors since February 2013. Kenyon and Gilbertson will join Phelon and the new president-elect on the 2014 Executive Committee, which also will include current President Mike Blaisdell, who will assume the ARA chairman of the board position in February 2014.
The following officer and directors will complete their ARA board terms at The Rental Show in February 2014:
- Mike Flesher, ARA chairman of the board and president of Taylor Rental Center, Vestal, N.Y.
- Pam Meyer, ARA Associate Member director and equipment sales manager of Subaru Industrial Power Products, Lake Zurich, Ill.
- Russ Dagenais, ARA Region One director and president of Taylor Rental Center, Wallingford, Conn.
- Jimmy Pate, ARA Region Four director and owner of Pate’s Rental, Comanche, Texas.
- Terry Trusgnich, ARA Region Five director and president of Aide Rentals & Sales, Highland, Ind.